Please read the following disclaimer before proceeding to the Liberty County Sheriff Office Sexual Offender Registry. To view the current list of registered offenders, you may check the link at the bottom of this page.
In accordance with O.C.G.A. 42-1-12, the Georgia Crime Information Center, a division of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, is required to act as the repository for registration information concerning those persons convicted of a sex crime who reside within the state of Georgia. The information that is presented in this website is compiled from information gathered through registration of convicted sex offenders as defined herein and information obtained from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation which is obtained from documents submitted by the Georgia Department of Corrections, the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles, and/or any other agency or department as set forth by statute.
The offender must be convicted of a crime that is by its nature a sexual offense, such as:
- O.C.G.A. 16-6-1 Rape
- O.C.G.A. 16-6-2 Sodomy; Aggravated Sodomy
- O.C.G.A. 16-6-3 Statutory Rape
- O.C.G.A. 16-6-4 Child Molestation; Aggravated Child Molestation
- O.C.G.A. 16-6-5 Enticing a child for indecent purposes
- O.C.G.A. 16-6-22.2 Aggravated Sexual Battery
In accordance with O.C.G.A. 42-1-12, (a)(4)(A), if the offense involves a minor as the victim, the following offenses are also included:
- (i) Kidnapping of a minor, except by a parent
- (ii) False imprisonment of a minor except by a parent
- (iii) Criminal sexual contact toward a minor
- (iv) Solicitation of a minor to engage in sexual contact
- (v) Use of a minor in sexual performance
- (vi) Solicitation of a minor to practice prostitution
- (vii) Any conduct that by its nature is a sexual offense against a minor
In order for an offender to qualify for registration in the state of Georgia, the offender must either be released from prison or placed on probation, parole or supervised release after July 1, 1996. If an offender who is registered in another state moves to Georgia, the offender is required to register in the state of Georgia.
O.C.G.A. 42-1-12 (i)(3) states "the Georgia Bureau of Investigation or any sheriff maintaining records required under this code section shall release relevant information collected under this code section that is necessary to protect the public." However, since the information is continually changing, the Liberty County Sheriff's Office makes no expressed or implied guarantee concerning the accuracy of this information.